Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bird Report

Hello fellow birders:

I heard an Eastern Phoebe in our yard today. This is the first time I heard one since we have been here. On the hummingbird front, the male that staked out the feeder on our deck by perching on the top of the hook does not do this any longer. This gives the females and young ones a chance, so things seem back to normal there. I'm glad my dad & Uncles had a chance to see that unique behavior. I expect they will be migrating south soon. The birds really enjoy the feeders now. I have to fill them up just about every day. Until next time...

-Bryan

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Bryan! Thanks for the birding update from the back yard feeders!! Wonder what made that male hummer so aggressive over the Labor Day weekend??? Maybe it was a stranger who was trying to take over the territory and was driving off the residents???? Glad to know there was a phoebe around to complement the wood-pewee we heard!==TTYL, BILL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home