Thursday, September 21, 2006

Farm Report

Ride ‘Em Cowgirl or A.K.A. Bouncing Betty (Obscure TV M*A*S*H* reference)

We had a crazy and scary event occur this week. We got a John Deere rider mower last month. Myla set out to mow the lower part of the lawn. We haven’t had much experience with the thing, and Myla wanted to cut the steeper part of our inclined property. Mr. Deere had his own thoughts on the matter. I happened to come out to the deck to see how things were going and the next thing I saw was Myla careening towards the forest out of control, bouncing up and down on the seat. Evidently, she was too light, the hill too steep, the grass too wet, and the brake not working, so it was all bad. Believe it or not, she was able to steer Mr. Deere away from a tree and landed safely in the brush. With the help of our neighbor, we were able to push the mower back out to the lawn. Tractor and driver are fine. Well, I image John D. didn’t have a sore shoulder and hip.

Until our next Farm Report…
--Bryan

6 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're both nuts.

My mom did the very same thing once, except she was wearing a bikini top, cut off shorts, knee socks and tennis shoes. She fell off the seat entirely and ran alongside the tractor, holding onto the handlebars and screaming the whole way. When my dad tells the story, I'm pretty sure he pees a little.

By the way, Bryan, congrats on the new job. How much commute??

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Bryan Craig & Myla Goldman said...

LOL-I think your mom's the reason they installed breaks that engage as soon as you lift your foot off the pedal!

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - abit scary down farm land-way. Green Acres it isn't; but so glad all turned out fine. Fleet on the feet = Myla's new Cherokee nickname? Cbeck out a lawnmowing book at the library? Again, so glad Bryan saw what was happening, may have had to send Titan to the rescue, just like Lassie or Rin Tin-Tin!
Take care - Dad

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Bryan Craig & Myla Goldman said...

Although I was not as well dressed as Mommy Weatherlow....I assure you I had the situation COMPLETELY under control!
- Fleet on the feet (tee hee)

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the video camera when you need it?! Next step -- live Web Cam on Casa de GoldCraig !!

Glad your OK, Myla!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Bryan Craig & Myla Goldman said...

Yeah, that could have ended up on America's Funniest Home Videos! What an honor that would be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home