Friday, September 19, 2008

Grandma comes to visit Wiggle

Things here have been moving along. I am at 30 weeks and Wiggle is getting stronger. Bryan feels more of the movements and kicks. Fun for him, sometimes startling for me! Last weekend my mom came to get us ready for Mr. Wiggle's arrival. We spent 3 days running like crazy. We picked out the crib- which is named Peyton! I think this is a good sign, since my niece is also named Peyton. We looked at so many cribs it was dizzying. Here is a picture of what it will look like.


We also picked out the rocking chair we are going to get for the baby's room. We are going to cover it in "white twill". It is very comfortable, even for 6 foot Daddies!!

I know those of you with children, especially little boys, are thinking WHITE she has lost her MIND!! But it is the only color that matches my linens for the room. I figure, I will change the slipcover once he is older and into drawing on the furniture.

After a hard day shopping on Friday, we spent most of Saturday doing laundry. We washed ALL the clothes that have come to Wiggle from around the country. We had stuff from cousin Lucie, baby friends Colden and Will, and gifts from Bubbe and Zedde, Grandma and Papa Benz, and Grandpa Craig. All have been safely cleansed with the ever powerful but delicate DREFT. Below Grandma is showing Wiggle's coming home from the hospital outfit. Adorable.


Saturday we went for a yummy birthday dinner. Sunday Grandma headed back to Chicago. At the airport as we were saying our goodbyes, Mom put her hand on my belly and Wiggle gave a BIG kick to say "Bye Grandma. I will miss you. Come back soon!!"

Love to everyone-- Myla

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the crib (and the name of it ;-)) and I LOVE the rocker. Just get one of those bleach pens for it and that'll tide you over til the twos, when yes, drawing on furniture becomes a favorite passtime even for girls.

Can't wait to see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home