Friday, December 26, 2008

How do they know????

Ok- so I am holding a sleeping Rowen in my right arm, squatting down and trying to open the PJ's dresser draw with my left hand. I loose my tripod balance and fall back to the floor. I am squatting, so no worries I only fall about 6-10 inches on to my butt. But, I do fall and rock back. I look down at my son, who had not even stirred, much less awoken.

I think to myself. It is time..... 4 weeks, 1 day, 13 hours. It is time to put Rowen in his crib to sleep. He is ready. Look at how deep his slumber is.

I scramble up from the floor. Check- no stirring.

Walk to the baby's room. Check- no stirring.

Lay Rowen slowly down in the crib.... Bottom first- no stirring.

Lay down Rowen's head slowly, hand still under head and hand still on top of belly- no stirring.

Slowly lift hand from back of head, other hand still on belly and ------ SCREAM.

How do they know????

I guess we will have to try again another time.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger BabyJack said...

this post sure brings back memories!! It was3 months for Jack before we got him to sleep in the crib... We found the swing to work well as a transition from sleeping only in our arms to sleeping g alone.. That and swaddling...good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home