Sunday, December 21, 2008

Week 3 in the Goldcraig House

It is hard to believe that Rowen will be 4 weeks old on Tuesday. We have begun to settle into a routine of wake, eat, poop, sleep, wake, eat, poop, poop, eat, sleep, wake..... So life is somewhat predictable. Everyday, I look up from a fog and say- how is it possibly 4pm??? I have no idea where the days are going- but they are slipping away.

We had a great time with Aunt Whitney, who has become an awesome Rowen Carrier Soothing Machine. She has this unique bouncy dance move that seems to really hit the spot with the little dude.
Between carrying Rowen around, she has made her self incredibly useful cooking and cleaning. Most importantly she cleaned the floors!!! With the help of a very tired Daddy! I was ecstatic. Of course, I had to supervise (see below). But all things considered they did a great job! We have also learned another trick- the bouncy ball (see below). Rowen also likes to be bounced on an exercise ball which can be a quick fix when the carrier is not readily available.

Rowen still has his days and nights confused. He likes to be up between 8-11pm and 3-5am. As a result we have also begun to invert our days and nights. Here we are, trying to catch up on a snooze over the lunch hour.
Tomorrow we are heading back to the doctor to follow-up on the thrush and make sure all is on track for a speedy recovery. Also this week- Rowen got weighed at my "new Mom" class and he was 7lbs 10oz up from 7lbs 2oz a week before. Yesterday, I did a very non-scientific measurement (stood on a scale without Rowen and then with Rowen) and estimated he weighs 8 lbs! So he seems to be growing like a champ.
Have a good week- Myla, Bryan and Rowen

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - Great pictures of the work-out team - especially those getting a nap or two! The cleaning team also deserves some praise!
Love the outfits Rowen has chosen to wear! Let me know when he says "Grandpa Craig" and I will be there in a flash!
Love, Dad Craig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home