Sunday, November 30, 2008

Additonal Pictures of Rowen Day 1 to 5













I have attached some additional pictures. One from the hospital right after Rowen's birth. Several of our arrival home on Thanksgiving. It was a beautiful day as you can see from the pictures. Bryan noted 11/27/08 was the first day Rowen had a ray of sunshine on his face. I have also attached a picture of the serpent light cord that has tethered us for the last 2 days.

I remembered a funny story last night after I posted the blog. In the midst of the crying and worry there have been several moments of hilarity. One was on Friday night when the doctor said we should give Rowen formula in addition to breast milk to bring his billirubin down. We prepared a bottle of formula and after a difficult breast feeding session offered it to Rowen. We held him in a straight sitting position to make him "work" to drink the bottle as recommended. As soon as the formula hit his mouth, Rowen sat straight up, opened both his eyes wide, and had a face of exhilaration, pleasure, and amazement. As if to say, "Hey Mom, where you been keeping the good stuff!". I felt like I had just taken my son to McDonald's. I knew it was not as good for him as home cooked meal- but it was easy, I didn't have to do any cooking, it tasted good, and there was a treat in the bottom of the box.

Enjoy the pictures.

Love Myla, Bryan and Rowen

4 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger jordana said...

ahh, the strange phenomenon that is the bili blanket... glad you got to take it home with you. He's beautiful, and the three of you make a beautiful family! (ah, yes Titan, the four of you)... happy thanksgiving, can't wait to see you- loves to all! jr

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Myla and Brian! What a beautiful boy. Congratulations. Do not worry too much about the bili levels. Both my girls were jaundiced; Peyton even ended up in the NICU in the baby tanning bed for a few days because of it.

I'm sure they have already told you, but sunlight is particularly good for jaundice (and you too). Maybe feeding him near a window (away from the neighbors) would be good.

Anyway, keep the pictures coming when you have time and let me know if I can do anything.

Love, J

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would buying Rowen a Glow Worm for his first Christmas be in bad taste??

Much love to all of you and your glowing (from the happy family vibes, not the blanket.)

Minda

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucie says: "I love the baby. When are we going to see him? Mani Kuni - that means I love mama and daddy. Sing happily ever after. Cadi cute - that means the baby loves aunt Myla and uncle Bryan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home