I think this is what they call "nesting"....
So, it began like a typical Sunday, pre-partum. Awake at 8:30 or so, strip the bed and gather some laundry. Seems simple enough. However, this is not something I have had the energy or desire to do for some time. We come downstairs and begin breakfast. "Wow, Bryan- I am feeling much better. Must be over my terrible cold". Lets organize the baby room. After breakfast, back to Mr. Wiggle's room for organization. We finish putting the clothes away and identifying what needs to be washed. Bryan, I want to organize the bookshelf by age-appropriate reading. Youngest books on the first shelf moving thru to the more mature on the last shelf. (If I were not married to a librarian, this may have been the first sign....) Bryan, I want to sort thru the box "Myla's childhood mementos" that is in the basement. Can you bring it up. Too bad we are not having a girl- so many cute little porcelain dolls. We will have to pack these back away, for now.
OK, done with that. Lets pay bills, including those due in Mid-December. That way, when the baby comes we do not have to worry. OK, I am just going to sort thru these desk files and see what can be streamlined. Ya, know to make more room..... (hmm..getting a little suspicious). Bryan, lets go to Target and buy those last few items I may need. On the way, lets check the air in the car tires and make sure they are just right.....
Back from Target. This is the point in the day where I would typically take a nap. But instead, "Honey, I am going to clean the bathroom sink... and the toilet". Hmm... this is not clean enough, I need some Q-tips to clean along the grooves of the toilet and in the hinges of the toilet seat. Bryan, I want to clean the floor in the bathroom. With a raised eyebrow Bryan brings me a bucket and a mop. Oh NO honey, I don't want a mop- I need a sponge and something to kneel on- I need to clean this on my hands and knees. Look at those baseboards. OH MY! Honey, more Q-tips so I can clean the grooves of each one of these baseboards.
OK...done with that. Have you noticed how dirty this carpet is (on the whole second floor). Quick, Bryan get me the Resolve Carpet Cleaner. For the next hour, I am crawling around on the floor spot cleaning every small area of dirt I can see. Moving a large florescent floor lamp from room to room- to ensure I do not miss a spot.
Wow........ Not sure what is next. But, I think the linen closet is calling my name.
Here we are, getting bigger and apparently approaching our final destination- Labor.
Love to everyone- Myla
ps. It was not the linen closet calling my name. It was the kitchen. How did we ever clean before Q-tips. I never realized how much dirt can build up in the vents above the microwave. Not even mentioning the unseen areas of the dish drying rack! Oh My Goodness......

3 Comments:
Wow! I am not sure how you found the time, not to mention the energy, to get all that accomplished!
Wow - OK when you are done with having the baby, could come to my place and do some of those on the floor with Q-tips in hand clean-ups?
Wiggles must be getting close to arriving!
Love, Dad Craig
My goodness! Now you'll need more Q-tips for the baby, haha! - Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home