Saturday, November 08, 2008

I am sure this will pass....

OK- so just when I thought it could not get worse- it did. I thought -- 9 months, bilateral carpel tunnel syndrome, terrible head cold, back pain, nighttime bathroom trips every 2-3 hours and increasing braxton hicks contractions-- I have reached the pinnacle of my pregnancy trials.....

And then WHAM!!! right foot into door frame at 3 am returning from another bathroom trip in the dark. WOW that really hurt. Too tired to do anything about that right now. I am sure this will pass. Back to bed.... Throbbing pain... I am sure this will pass. Limping during 6am bathroom break. I am sure this will pass.

Wake up and get ready for a full day of work on Saturday to finish my grant which needs to be done by Monday. Hmm...that foot really hurts and seems a little swollen. I am sure this will pass. Not able to bear weight on that foot. I am sure this will pass. Not able to put on any shoes in the house due to swollen right foot. OK- I guess this is not going to pass.

Off to urgent care clinic.... Yes folks, I managed to break my little piggy toe. This turns out to be incredibly painful. Nothing to do but tape it, ice it, rest it, and wear a lovely little black boot.

Should take 4-6 weeks to heal. Which it turns out is longer then the time Mr. Wiggle has left in the oven. So, I guess I will be laboring in my fancy black boot and not using the whirlpool I heard so much about in my birth class.

I am sure this will pass.....

5 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Joe said...

You poor little crippled monkey :.(

Miss you and can't wait to see Wiggle!

Tasha

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI - Oh where is the picture of the little black bootie? So sorry you had to do that - but remember the book title - Things That Go Bump in the Night - wasn't just about scary things but real ones too!
Take care and hope all goes well with the other adventure coming soon!
Love, Dad Craig

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is much pouting and sympathy in our household on your behalf. At least you already have Wiggle's guilt trips ready to go!
M&W

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Lisa Craig said...

Oh sweetheart !!!!!!!! You POOR thing! Just stay in bed after your grant is filed; of course, that doesn't solve the restroom situation...my nephew has a very strong mommy and daddy! XOXOXOOXOXO - Lisa

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! That sucks! Broken toes are the worst since there's so little you can do. Maybe there is a waterproof black boot for you? Hang in there, sweetie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home