Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Shoe Fiasco

OK...So little toe is on the mend. Feeling better and learned that Bryan is a professional toe taper. Who knew? Of course, there is no FREE lunch. My lovely black shoe boot for my broken toe is exactly too short or too tall to match any other shoe that fits me. As a result, I have been lopsided for 3 days.

Monday, I was in a fair amount of hip/back pain, so off to the shoe store we went. After Bryan watched me on the "cat walk" with 6 pairs, we settled on a black low flat and thought we had fixed the problem. However, several hours into my busy clinic day- it was clear we had missed the mark. My clinic physical therapist gave me a shoe lift. But alas, this did not fix the problem.

After another 2 hours and increasingly unbearable pain- I called the doctor and asked if I could purchase a matching black boot for the left foot. A strange request, I am sure- but a solution none the less.

Here we are.... Finally a perfect match!


I know, many of you are very jealous. I am sure this is the new spring fashion!!

Here is another pic of my growing belly. Wiggle is still very "high" and I think is planning to stay in there as long as possible.

4 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lisa Craig said...

Look out Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik !! ("Sex and the City" reference, FYI) - Lisa

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I can't blame Wiggles for waiting longer to enter this world. Just wants somewhere that is nice and warm and someone is feeding me!
Love the black booties - sorry that it took several days of pain to rectify it, but they do look sheik and somewhat like Dorothy's little red shoes of Oz!
Take care - love Dad Craig

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No more fiascos for you!

Minda

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! You have the only pair of shoes in the universe that Whitney does not have a pair of! And, black goes with everything, especially formal wear.
Love the belly, looks like a big beautiful healthy baby boy. Don't fret, that is why they invented epiderals. hugs, Bubbe of (almost) two

 

Post a Comment

<< Home