False, Latent, Pre-Labor- A rose by any other name...
Here we are 40 weeks and STILL PREGNANT!!Today was supposed to be our big day. But it is now approaching 7pm without any sign that Mr. Wiggle is planning to make an entrance. The past week has been one of fits and starts. On Monday, we left work early due to an increase in the intensity of my contractions. After returning home, things seemed to settle down. Tuesday was pretty uneventful. On Wednesday afternoon, I began to have regular contractions every 9 minutes then every 7 minutes over 2 hours. I called my OB and was told to come by the office. By the time we arrived and were examined things had settled down. Had some irregular contractions overnight and then NADA. Not much on Thursday morning, but afternoon and evening- again had some irregular contractions. Friday was a busy day and in my attempts to finish things at work- I worked from 8am to 6:30pm. By the time we got home with pizza in hand, I was having contractions that were more intense than anything I had before. Overnight, things again seemed to settle down.
Finally, on Saturday in an attempt to entice Mr. Wiggle to move on out- we went shopping and walked around for most of the afternoon. We did succeed in bringing on some very intense contractions. However, they never culminated into an organized pattern. Overnight, I was awoken every 2 hours with intense contractions. However, today- OUR BIG DAY, again we got bumkus.
Tomorrow, I will head back to work and try to walk around as much as possible. After my extensive google internet search, I learned there are many terms for this wonderful new aspect of our journey- including False Labor, Latent Labor, and Pre-labor. Pre-labor is my favorite. Sounds like Labor is next!
Wish us luck!!

2 Comments:
Wow, that's a lot of pre-laboring! Hope the real deal comes your way soon (and then goes quickly - only fair, since you got so much of the work out of the way already).
I agree with Jean -- with all this pre-labor, you deserve a quick delivery! Hang in there! - Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home