18 months- Petite La Tete
Rowen had his 18 month appt this Monday after we returned from Cleveland. I will load pictures soon from our visit.
Rowen appears to be just beyond "on target" for 18 months. We answered YES to all almost the questions about milestones- walking, knows several words, holds pen/crayon, throws ball, and stacks blocks. When asked, does he use a spoon- we said yes and a fork. A "fork"- Oh My!! Apparently that is advanced! And he knows his numbers! Oh, My!!
He is not undressing himself- which, I guess he should be doing soon.
We also got some advice about managing Rowen's more spirited moments (AKA Tantrums).
When it came to measurements Rowen was 22.5 lbs. He is 10th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for height. However, he has "fallen of the curve" for head circumference, meaning his head is smaller than <3% of children his age. Dr. Maughan and I discussed me talking with a child neurologist. I spoke with Dr. Rust in my department. He was very reassured about Rowen's normal developement. He did not recommend any other testing. He did suggest that Bryan and I measure OUR heads.
Daddy = > 3% for adults his age/height
Mommy => 3-5% for adults here age/height
Good news- Rowen appears to in fact be our off spring.
Bad news- We both have REALLY small heads.
Big things, small packages and all that- I guess.
In other news- tonight, Rowen put his first two words together aside from up-please and thank-you (which he has been saying for the past several weeks). Tonight he said, while watching Bryan mow the lawn- "Bye Bye Daddy".

2 Comments:
So he makes up for a smaller head with a big, beautiful mane of blonde curly hair!
What a great phrase to say - "Bye, Bye Daddy!" Getting ready for when he goes to college, comes back home, goes back to work, comes back home, falls in love, comes back home, etc.
Thanks for the short visit - much love.
Post a Comment
<< Home