Rowen is sooooo BIG
We have continued to do well during the night with sleeping in the moses basket. However, he seems to be outgrowing it quickly and I worry about the transition to the crib. I may begin to work on this next week and see if he will sleep one segment in his crib. He has not taken to the crib for naps yet. He has managed a few 25-30 minute sessions in the crib and one 60 minute session. But overall he does not seem to like it much for sleeping. He LOVES the crib for playing. He will hang out in there and play, listen to stories, look around and contemplate without issue. But sleeping there- that does not seem to appeal to him.
Rowen has done much better with our new approach to feeding. I have been exclusively feeding him on one side every 3-4 hours. This has cut way back on his crying/gassy episodes. In fact he has not had a real crying at the boob episode since Wed. I think we may have discovered the problem, or he may have coincidentally outgrown the problem. Hard to say, but I am voting for the foremilk-hindmilk mismatch theory.
My new challenge is dressing Rowen. There appears to be a small window where any given outfit will fit him. Many friends have said they lost track of things and would pull out a never worn outfit only to learn that their child hand outgrown it. I have enlisted in the "outfit fitting challenge" and become obsessed with tracking Rowen's clothes. Every day I measure clothes against him and move clothes from drawer to drawer trying to create some sort of progressive dressing plan to ensure all things get worn. This has become almost overwhelming because the same friends mentioned above have given me more clothes! Which is both a blessing and a curse. Now I have more to measure, sort, and integrate into the wardrobe plan (curse). Simultaneously, however I have much less laundry to do (blessing). Now, some may say this is just an expression of my controlling personality in the face of a current state of existence that is out of control. However, I feel this is just my enviormentaly conscious, wast-not-want-not, approach to life! Al Gore would approve.
Here are some pics from the AM. Enjoy and keep an eye out for a new video I will try to upload later today.

5 Comments:
Gotta agree...he is SO BIG! But, also, SO CUTE!
loves, j.
OMG - SOOOO CUTE- ily atg
He's SOOOO adorable!
Sorry to contribute to the clothing conundrum.... at least the shared clothes have been previously worn, so you don't have to feel guilty if you miss the window on Rowen wearing them....
Wow- Fenton I never thought of that. It is like a get out of jail free card! I love it! Bryan said I should just pick one day a week to review the clothes and not do it everyday. So we picked sunday. Yesterday he wore that super cozy green outfit with the elephant on it that Liam gave us. Everyone at the Dr. Office said it was super cute! Thanks agian for the great stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home