Facing Forward
Anyway, things here have been moving along. We had some really warm days and got to take some great walks with Rowen, BOB and Titan.
Our poor dog has been so neglected. He was ecstatic to be outside. Once there it seemed all had been forgiven. That is what is so great about dogs, I guess.
While walking in the middle of the day- we were surprised by a whole clan of deer making their way across the meadow. Titan took off after them but, alas was not spry enough. He is 9 years old next month!! It was totally amazing.
I have begun back to work part-time for the last 2 weeks. It turns out, it is very hard to do 5 days of work in 2 days. It has been a stressful transition for everyone. The second day I went back to work Rowen decided not to eat. He had been taking a bottle relatively well. But on Tuesday- he just decided not to eat. He did not seem too upset about this. He played with Dad and napped; but, did not seem interested in the bottle.
Our poor dog has been so neglected. He was ecstatic to be outside. Once there it seemed all had been forgiven. That is what is so great about dogs, I guess.After about 8 hours - I got worried and called our Doctor. She said, "He will EVENTUALLY eat from the bottle. He will soon get VERY hungry. But, if you could go home- I am sure it would be easier on both Rowen and Bryan". So home I went. For the next 12 hours Rowen ate every 1.5 to 2.0 hrs- to either make up nutritionally from his hunger strike or to ensure I was never very far away. Just checking in.... Mom- check, Boob- check, Milk- check. He is a very clever dude.
By some uncertain process, Rowen decided by the following week that taking a bottle from Dad was not such a bad idea. And just as quickly as it began it was over. He is now hungrily eating 4-5 oz with each bottle. This is very confusing for me because, he appears to eat more from the bottle than I make when I pump? Yet both seem equally satisfying. Strange....
Rowen also spent 1/2 day with his soon to be Nanny. Kate did a great job with Rowen. She took pictures, made a video for a very worried Mommy, and even managed to get Rowen to sleep for 45 minutes in a bassinet. Worker of Miracles-- I tell you!
Speaking of Miracle Workers...Grandma Benz came for a great visit last weekend. Rowen had a fabulous time with her. He immediately smiled and cooed in her arms. Perhaps remembering all their special time when he was first born and I was desperately trying to sleep in 45 min. intervals.
Mom successfully had Rowen sleeping in his crib for naps her second day here. Interestingly, when I first went to duplicate this- Rowen began to cry as soon as I put him down. But, over the last few days we have had growing success in this regard as well. Here are some pics with Grandma. It was great to see the two of them together.
Stay tuned for pics from our exciting upcoming visit with Grandma and Grandpa Craig!


5 Comments:
Wow-- he's getting sooo big! Cutie pie! It gets easier, the going back to work... And yeah, they always take more from the bottle...led to a lot of worry on my part about "producing" enough. But we made it! so will you!
OMG - where did my baby nephew go? he's a little man! Can't wait to show Lucie the videos in the a.m. ily, atg
It's like he's doing Yoga poses on his tummy !! The Cobra or Half Locust, haha !!!!!
Super cute pictures. He's doing really well with the tummy time! And I love the video narration.
Going back to work is hard - especially when "part time" really isn't part work load. It will get easier. Hang in there.
He is so big! Really makes me miss him. Wish we could just pop over and see him everyday! Special hugs from Bubbe and Zaide.
Post a Comment
<< Home