Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween



Rowen got his third haircut this weekend. It turned out to be a little shorter than I was expecting. But, I am getting used to it. He looks soo much older with this new haircut, like a real little boy! He did a super job sitting for the hair cut.



This weekend was also Halloween. On Friday Rowen's school had a parade and on Sunday we went to the "Lawn", which is the area in front of the Rotunda on campus. Each year they have students giving out candy to the children. It was quite an affair! I have never seen so many kids in costume in one location! It was great to have Rowen be able to run around and see all the other costumes. We even gave him a little taste of candy. Which I am now convinced is the leading cause of ADHD in America.










Here are some Rowen Tidbits in no particular order...

1. Rowen came home tonight and tried to lift up the pumpkin on the front porch. He turned to Bryan and said, "Pumpkin too big!".


2. Rowen has learned how to identify several birds when they fly to our feeder. Grandpa Craig taught him the titmouse, nut hatch, finch, cardinal, woodpecker, and blue jay. He is able to call them all by name correctly when he sees them. When there are no birdies- we will say- Rowen, Keep Looking! (I will attempt to attach a video).


3. He has learned many of his letters and can pick them out from his letter puzzle. He will pick R for Rowen, M for Mama, D for Dada, as well as knowing may others.


4. He often babbles to himself and we will often hear him talking and realize he is singing a song. His current favorite is "B-I-N-G-O".


5. Rowen is now in a phase where he wants to do everything himself. He had previously indicated this by saying "Rowen Turn". Over the last week he has begun to say "my turn". Or if I say, Rowen do you need help? He says, "No, Got It." As in, no thank you mom, I got it!


6. Rowen loves to give Raspberries. He will do this almost relentlessly. I have never laughed so hard!


After 1.25 hours- video not loaded. Will try again tomorrow. For those of you that are on FB- video is on there (and loaded incidently in 92 seconds!).


Love to everyone- Myla



2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Lisa Craig said...

Can't wait to hear him sing his songs!

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a note - Rowen also knows/recognizes the wren (Carolina) and the chickadee-dee-dee! Great memory and almost a photographic mind. Love that grandchild of mine! Grandpa Craig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home