Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rowen's Turn!

We are all settled into our new home and everyone is doing well. Rowen gets to spend lots of extra time with Mommy and Daddy in the mornings and evenings. We still visit the house from time to time on the weekends. Mostly to trade in and out items that we want to use.

We had Rowen's school conference and he is doing excellent. He is ahead of the curve on all measures. They are very pleased with how he is doing. We had several questions for them. I was specifically interested in how Rowen was doing with eating. At home we sometimes have issues when Rowen gets frustrated using a fork and he will throw his fork and get very upset. As I described this to her she looked at me in amazement. She said, "I can not even imagine Rowen ever getting frustrated or acting out in anyway!! We never have any issues with him. In fact, before he does anything- he will often look at me to check in and make sure it is OK." Huh? My Kid?

Rowen continues to expand his language and motor skills. Below are two videos of his new fishing puzzle. You can see his eye/hand coordination is great. He has begun to use common phrase like "here you go", "there it is", "I got it".

Rowen is into his "me Do" phase. However, due to some miracle, instead of saying- "Rowen do" or "me do" as the books often describe, Rowen says- "Rowen Turn" or "My Turn". This makes the whole thing so much better!! It makes a perfect segway into Mommy's turn- which sounds so much better than "No, Mommy Do". I am not sure how he came to think of it this way- but it is great. I guess I should not be surprised since his forth word was "Thank You". He has always been polite, if nothing else.

Rowen is also really into his play-do and likes to make numbers and letters with his play-do. He informed Jan (our sitter) last night that "S" is his favorite letter. How cute is that!

Here are some videos for you to enjoy.




2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger jordana said...

He's a better fisherman than I!!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Lisa Craig said...

The purple one is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home