Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Rockin' Rowen

Rowen's babysitter, Priscilla, gave him a guitar for his birthday when we returned from the hospital. Priscilla is very musical and has been playing instruments with Rowen since he was very young. He appears to be a complete natural. Since getting his guitar, he plays it constantly. He began with singing familiar songs. It is amazing that, although his speech involves only fragmented sentences- he can sing the full verse of twinkle twinkle with complete ease. Other favorites were ABC's, Old McDonald, and Bingo.


Over the last few days he has begun to sing songs about everyday events. The first Rowen original, was "oatmeal with milk". This has variations of just "oatmeal" and "oatmeal in Elmo bowl". The equally catchy but not yet adequately captured on video is the diddy- "I have stink pants" (rough cut below). For an official Glee-style "Mash Up"- please check FB. I have been unable to load this on blogger. Instead, I offer you dancin' with Jingle Bell Elmo!


Enjoy!







5 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Lisa Craig said...

WOW! The next Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, or Bruce Springsteen perhaps?

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Whitney said...

He's so stinking cute! He must have gotten the music gene. Hope he's still rocking hard when we see you in a few weeks so we can have an in person concert! xoxo

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Ridiculous. I'm thinking Jack Johnson. I eagerly anticipate the mash-up!

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Phoebe's song on Friends - Smelly cat! Of course, Rowen's more original and certainly has an"air" about it that may take to the top 10 soon!

Love, Grandpa

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Lisa Craig said...

That last one, with Elmo, Rowen looks like a future boy-band member like Justin Timberlake, or Justin Beiber. Gonna break some hearts, he will!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home